Windows Media Player 500 Internal Server Error

Anonymous
2014-09-22T01:20:32+00:00

So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.

I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?

I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-12-31T21:59:35+00:00

anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.

Happy New Year!!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T12:44:59+00:00

    I am seeing the same issue using Win Xp and WMP 11.. Has anyone tried Microsoft Support for answers? I can't since I am running XP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-22T21:50:44+00:00

    My prediction, somebody broke something at MS, and they'll figure it out in a few days, things will start working again, and there will be no explanation as to what went wrong or why.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-22T20:27:13+00:00

    Not that I know of, that's why I'm asking here. I tried looking up the problem on Google, but most of the questions and articles were all from a number of years ago, so none really had anything to do with this problem specifically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-22T19:42:28+00:00

    I am having the same problem Dom92 is, is there a fix to clear the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments