anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.
I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?
I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one.COME ON MICROSOFT!FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM!I went so far as thinking that bringing back my computer to a Factory Reset and LOSING a BUNCH of files that I forgot to back up,GONE FOREVER NICROSOFT!We NEED SOMEBODY THERE to let us KNOW that YOU ARE on the PROBLEM?Disgusted!
Same thing happened to me, two of their techs remote accessed my computer, but couldn't find the problem, everything was fine two days ago, now my find album info shows a 500 Internal Service Error, but everything else works fine. I've run scans with everything I have, and no virus or malware is showing up, this is something on their end, and I hope they fix it soon, it's really getting annoying.
Howdy,
I have also had this problem for the last week. Really messing up a lot of CD's I was trying to rip to my library. Even though it is relieving to see that I am not alone. What did Microsoft break and why isn' tit fixed or at least an explanation? Seriously, I have had to switch to another media player to rip cd's for moving to my portable for special trip. Find Album Info produces Internal Server Error. Several tracks on each album are showing up when played at Track 1, Track 4, etc and by Unknown Artist. Troubleshooter says Library is corrupted. But can't fix.
Hi
Although I cannot reproduce the issue on my system, it is clear from the no. of reports at around the same time that something is going on.
I have escalated the issue to the Microsoft forum owners. When I hear any news, Ill report back. I cannot confirm when (or even if) this will be though.