Windows Media Player 500 Internal Server Error

Anonymous
2014-09-22T01:20:32+00:00

So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.

I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?

I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-12-31T21:59:35+00:00

anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.

Happy New Year!!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-01T20:54:19+00:00

    I didn't use any of the solutions because I knew that it wasn't because of my computer or any of my programs. The problem is now fixed regardless. Thanks for all the suggestions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-01T19:27:36+00:00

    I was having this problem and used user anluis solution. WMP "Find Album Info" now works again. Thank you and Happy New Year 2015!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-30T13:48:16+00:00

    Thanks for the above suggestion... I tried it...  it didn't work.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-28T04:13:53+00:00

    So here we are again. Another issue with Windows Media Player. I too am getting this 500 - server error. Except I know it's not me or my computer. How do I know this - BECAUSE ITS ON 5 DIIFFERENT COMPUTERS! 1 Windows 7 laptop, 1 W7 desktop, a WINXPPRO desktop and 2 other computers I don't own in a totally different location.

    Part 2: I can do individual files, but when I do an entire album that's when I get the error.  So what's the fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments