anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.
I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?
I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
Changing Internet explorer to the default browser didn't work. Yeah, Run script commands and rich media streams when the player is in a web page is what I meant earlier. Thanks for the tips anyways. If only I could at least change it manually but oh well, I'll give it some time and see what happens
My default internet browser is Internet Explorer, try changing it, and trying, who knows. I don't know what else to say. Good luck.
Nevermind it only worked once. It hasn't let me manually edit the album and artist info using the find album info feature either. Internet Explorer isn't my default browser either, if that makes any difference.
Sorry but I don't know, or see any settings on Windows Media Player Security that have to do with ti running scripts commands. I see just one that I have enabled, this one: Run script commands and rich media streams when the player is in a web page. I'm running Windows 8.1 X64 with last update. So, I'm pretty sure that it should be safe, but lets see if somebody else answers you.
The good thing is that you solved your problem. I don't really see how that had to do with your problem, but, then again, you never know. You could do a test, enabling it again, and checking if the problem returns, if it doesn't, then you are sure that wasn't the fix. Anyway good luck.
Angel Trinidad