Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging

Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:02:09+00:00

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-25T01:19:30+00:00

    I have the same issue on 1703.

    This behavior started about 2 or 3 updates ago.

    Should not have to install 3rd party apps to check charge status!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-07-01T19:00:46+00:00

    Hello,

    Check for Performance monitor to understand what application is consuming a lot of CPU and memory. To view the information. Follow the steps provided below:

    1**.** Type Reliability in Cortana. 2. Select Reliability history. 

    It will generate the information that you needed, send us a screenshot for review.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-27T08:01:57+00:00

    Good day, thanks for your advice. No NEC. And "roll back driver" is not available for click.

    I tried repair tool and nothing improve.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments