Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging

Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:02:09+00:00

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-17T13:28:27+00:00

    Hello Emmylou, thanks for your reply.

    Unfortunately, it didn't work, still the same problem occurs. My SP4 is still in DOA warranty, shall I take it back to the store and get it replaced?

    Thanks in advance!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-17T03:11:50+00:00

    Hi,

    We're glad to know that everything is updated. By the way, have you tried doing the two-button shutdown? If not, here's how:

    1. Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then release it.
    2. Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds and then release both.****The Surface logo may flash, but you just need to continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.
    3. After releasing the button, wait 10 seconds.
    4. Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-16T18:53:09+00:00

    I am also facing the same problem with my i5-128gb Surface.

    Fully updated windows and the problem persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-06T22:30:39+00:00

    Hello Thomas,

    To better assist you, can you answer the following questions:

    • Were you able to follow suggestions made by other Community members?

    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

    • Can you confirm if the device has the latest updates installed?

    We'll be waiting for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-06T13:59:35+00:00

    I can change the brightness on my SP4 but charging percentage does not change unless unplugged.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments