Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging

Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:02:09+00:00

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-12T05:27:34+00:00

    Hi Sean,

    For us to assist you, can you confirm the following information:

    • Have you tried to check for and install the latest updates?
    • Have you tried the suggestions of other Community members?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Where did you purchase your Surface Pro?

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-06T22:56:46+00:00

    Same with me.  Since the update, my battery charge status does not update on SP4 unless I unplug the power cord and then plug it back in.  Also, I cannot toggle the brightness on the screen.  Is there a fix coming??

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-14T04:17:03+00:00

    My device is up to date and I trouble-shooted the battery. The only other suggestion I see is the batterybar and I'm not familiar with that program.

    Will it help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-06T15:16:33+00:00

    To anyone else having this issue, download the program BatteryBar (don't think you need pro). It adds a toolbar, but it also fixes the Windows battery percentage too. I'm not sure if it works without the toolbar bc I like it on. So it definitely is a software issue that maybe affects only certain SP4s, such as the i5 128gb (which is the version I'm using). Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-12-29T18:45:17+00:00

    I installed all updates but still the problem remained the same. Later I exchanged it with new one. That is working properly.

    Thanks,

    Fayaz

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments