Same problem here. Hasn't been a solution found yet?
Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging
Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-11-20T17:54:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-09-07T02:38:03+00:00 Same with me. Since the update, my battery charge status does not update on SP4 unless I unplug the power cord and then plug it back in. Also, I cannot toggle the brightness on the screen. Is there a fix coming??
What version of windows 10 are u currently running? Do a winver in a dos box to find out. Pls post back the results.
-
Anonymous
2016-08-30T20:30:23+00:00 I've the same problem since anniversary update. Plus, I can't see recommended screen brightness anymore. I see a generic brightness button without the auto setting, a bit darker, darker, etc. (bottom right battery icon).
-
Anonymous
2016-08-21T14:29:08+00:00 Hi MoonK15,
Thank you for reaching out. We are conducting a follow up regarding your concern. Was your issue being resolved? Is there any changes on the battery when you restart your Surface Pro 4 or when you reconfigured the battery settings on the device? We suggest that you check this link on how to troubleshoot battery issue. Let us know how it goes.
-
Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:24:51+00:00 I noticed that happening also after the anniversary 1607 update. I had other more serious issues so I fully reinstalled the anniversary edition. I am not sure when the battery status issue disappeared but I can tell u that I also installed the latest update for 1607 and the latest intel beta display driver because of other issues. Most issues are resolved but I still may go back to the pre anniversary win10 since it had fewer problems and was better on battery.