Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging

Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:02:09+00:00

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-26T18:45:06+00:00

    Surface Pro 4 Battery Indicator Issue

    I too  bought my Surface Pro 4 just a day before Christmas. I have noticed that, as long as the charger is connected, the battery indicator remains at the same value. If I disconnect, the indicator returns to the real battery percentage. While on battery, percentage goes down, unexpected.

    Also I noticed the while keeping the pro on battery discharge, its is showing weird discharge indications. Such as at 90% it will show 2 hrs remaining and at 85% it will show 6 hrs remaining !!!

    I found it annoying to have to plug out every time to know charging status of the machine. I did try help support, but they said me this is the way it works and it will update every 5 minutes (hilarious reply after being on calls for hours)!!!

    Hope someone from Microsoft will help to figure out, else I have no choice to drop out as their valued customer and return this product.

    Thanks,

    Fayaz

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-26T18:20:36+00:00

    Hi Daniel,

    Can you help me too to fix the issue. Describe the step by step procedure here.

    Thanks,

    Fayaz

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-25T04:51:54+00:00

    Hello,

    I've reconfigured the battery setting and I've followed the troubleshoot battery issue page. I've been able to update the device to the latest update, but I'm still having the same issue. The battery percentage does seem to change when the battery is full since the latest update (KB3206632), but apart from when the battery is full, the battery percentage and estimated time left does not change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-12-24T19:01:29+00:00

    I manually installed the updates from the .msi file, and the problem seems to have been solved. Thank you very much for your help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments