Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging

Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:02:09+00:00

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-05T00:51:22+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm experiencing the same issue. I updated all the drivers (uninstalled/deleted). 

    I even exchanged my surface for a new one (i5 128 gb) and it still doesn't work.

    Please advise.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-04T15:51:53+00:00

    I'm also having this issue. Recently bought SP4 i5 and everything is updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-29T18:48:50+00:00

    Daniel,

    Thank you for your reply. It was done by the Microsoft support guy when i showed him your post. But that did not solved my problem. Eventually, I had to return it as even they recommended same. Finally, new one is working fine without any issue.

    Thank you again,

    Fayaz

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-29T16:55:14+00:00

    Fayaz,

    If you haven't returned the product, I suggest you try out the solutions given.

    I installed the updates mentioned above manually through the msi file. Then, to make double sure, I uninstalled both battery drivers (battery + adapter, being careful NOT to check a box that says delete files), and then restarting.

    I don't work for Microsoft, but returning a perfectly good product was not an option for me. Now I get different readings every few minutes while charging.

    Please let me know your progress.

    Daniel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-12-29T16:41:58+00:00

    Hi Fayaz,

    Are there any available updates that you haven't installed yet?

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments