Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging

Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:02:09+00:00

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-16T22:03:34+00:00

    I just purchased an M3 surface and am having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-14T04:10:12+00:00

    Hi,

    Have you tried the suggestions of other Community members?

    Let us know.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-14T03:43:14+00:00

    I just got mine replaced today for that exact reason and I am still having the same issue. I have the i5 128gb also. Maybe there is an issue with these types. Can you please send out an update to fix this issue as it has become very stressful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-11T07:03:17+00:00

    I purchased my Surface Pro late December (i5, 256GB) and have the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-06T15:16:46+00:00

    To anyone else having this issue, download the program BatteryBar (don't think you need pro). It adds a toolbar, but it also fixes the Windows battery percentage too. I'm not sure if it works without the toolbar bc I like it on. So it definitely is a software issue that maybe affects only certain SP4s, such as the i5 128gb (which is the version I'm using). Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments