Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging

Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:02:09+00:00

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-24T13:57:49+00:00

    Hi Daniel,

    Has the update been finished? Please follow these tips about how to install Surface and Windows updates.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-24T13:51:51+00:00

    It seems like I have the latest updates installed. Maybe

    I can force an update? What are your thoughts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-24T06:22:07+00:00

    Hi,

    To verify, were you able to get the latest update installed?

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-24T03:12:47+00:00

    I bought my Surface Pro 4 a few days ago. I have noticed that, as long as the charger is connected, the battery indicator remains at the same value. If I disconnect, the indicator returns to the real battery percentage. While on battery, percentage goes down, as expected.

    As soon as I turned it on, the Surface started updating. I mention this because I have read other posts saying that it happened after the anniversary update. Do we have a solution to this problem? Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-12-24T03:03:40+00:00

    I'm still having this problem. Any luck?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments