Surface Pro 4 battery percentage doesn't change while charging

Anonymous
2016-08-13T20:02:09+00:00

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update, my surface's battery percentage does not change when it is charging. When I unplug the charger, then it changes the battery percentage right away, but the percentage does not change when the charger is actually plugged in. When I hover over the battery icon, it only says how much time left until fully charged, but the time left does not change either. I would like to avoid leaving the surface charging when the battery is already fully charged, and I don't want to have to unplug the charger just to check. Please help.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-26T22:35:24+00:00

    Hello,

    You may check to see if the NEC are installed, follow the steps below:

    NEC drivers are installed on the Surface Pro 4.

    1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Select the Batteries tab.
    3. Right-click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" icon.
    4. Choose Properties.

    Note: If you see "NEC" in the description, select the "Roll Back Driver" button and then select OK.

    Do update us on the progress.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-26T12:46:33+00:00

    I got the same problem. All updated and tried two button trouble shouted. But still the same. What should I do? Return to Microsoft? (bought from HN).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-06T22:17:03+00:00

    Hello,

    We suggest you to run and download the Software Repair Tool, to fix common Surface Issue. Here's the link.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-06T20:10:48+00:00

    Having the same problem as well on creators update. I5 - 256GB model, SP4.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-18T06:07:58+00:00

    Since two-button shutdown didn't resolve your issue, we suggest that you contact our assisted support. Or if you're outside the U.S., you may contact our Global Customer Service.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments