Cant access Onedrive Personal Vault

Anonymous
2024-05-10T13:25:12+00:00

When i try to access my personal vault in onedrive, I get the verification of identity request which approve on my mobile phone. However, a popup appears which is blank and i can go no further. Tried this on both a windows 10 and a Macbook so its not the computer. Checked the personal vault settings and it too has the identify request and when i do that i get the same blank popup

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T11:18:28+00:00

    It is happening again. In Chrome or Edge (also in private mode). I open onedrive and click on "unlock the personal vault", then I tried different authentication methods like Windows PIN, Send code to email or 2FA App.

    Authentication works, but then the popup redirects to an empty page. It looks the same as the screenshot that was posted here.

    I also tried it on the phone app, which I never used before. There I get the dialog to set-up the personal vault and enter a 6 digit pin. I did not continue, because I'm afraid of losing the data. The set-up dialog sounded more like creating a new personal vault and not accessing the existing one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T13:55:55+00:00

    I am also having the same issue - has happened a few days now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T12:22:00+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem. I cannot open the personal vault using a browser (edge or chrome) on two different windows laptops. Both laptops using browsers hang the on-screen process with a white window after I approve access using the authenticator app.

    FYI - I can authenticate and open the vault on an android device and also using the local desktop copy of the personal vault in file explorer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T08:58:23+00:00

    Exact same issue for me, seems like a Microsoft redirection after completing 2FA issue rather than an end-user issue. I've tried it on multiple devices, on multiple networks, on different operating systems, on multiple web browsers including incognito mode and none of it has worked, at this point I'm just assuming Microsoft will add an update to their Service Status and will communicate when they've fixed the issue. Unfortunately for me, I'm now unable to access my most important documents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-10T18:57:08+00:00

    Hi, MartinDavidson999

    Thank you for using Microsoft products and posting them to the community.

    I understand you're having trouble with "Can't access OneDrive Personal Vault." I understand the problem and would like to help you better in your situation.

    If it's convenient, could you share with me screenshots of the specifics? Like that white window for example.

    Based on your description, this could be a network issue. You can try to change the network or change the network to a hotspot linked to your phone and see if the problem occurs.

    Looking forward to your reply.

    Best regards

    Aiden - MSFT |Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments