Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
I'm having the EXACT same issue.
I don't understand all the computer mumbo, jumbo. I just need this fixed. How do i do that?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
Users are getting the subject message when trying to use Dictate in Office 365 E3 subscription.
The internet is ‘working’, apps signed in with O365 accounts so there is seems to be either a security profile setting, proxy filter or firewall issue. A lot of searching and I found very little documentation on this message, and certainly cannot find a definitive answer as to what/if Dictation requires certain firewall ports open nor what security profile setting to check in GPO which may apply.
The following TechNet article suggested reviewing O365 Org Settings and Privacy but anything relating to Speech seems fine.
These options are managed by the organisation but where do I look in the Admin portal to enable Dictate?
Any pointers welcome.
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm having the EXACT same issue.
I don't understand all the computer mumbo, jumbo. I just need this fixed. How do i do that?
I had the same trouble in Office 365 Personal. Here's a weird solution. Close the document you are working on and open a new one, even a template. Now start dictation. It worked for me going this route. I reopened my document that gave me the initial trouble, and it worked fine then.
Hi AaditLele,
There may be two things going on here:
Thanks,
James from the Office Dictate team
I reported this and got the reply from MS "We identified a change on our backend that was causing the issue and are in the process of reverting that change." and it was fixed the same day.
I have the SAME EXACT issue.
However, a twist - dictation in POWERPOINT works fine - click on dictate > get red dot on white microphone > start talking.
In WORD, the system tray says that Word is using the microphone, but the mic remains blue, does something for a couple of seconds, and then throws the internet connection Indian grammar error.
I've cleared out all Office settings, rebooted, etc. - and still have the error.
Also:
- Dictation in Office Online (via browser) works
- Regular dictation through Windows 10 works.
- On another user account - same machine - Word dictation does work.
So this is absolutely an ISOLATED ERROR and ISSUE with Word (or Windows configuration), and not a single person at Microsoft has a clue why.
Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Could you please submit feedback via Help > Feedback in the ribbon or by clicking the Smile in the top right of your screen? This will give us diagnostic information that can help us understand what may be going on. Please include #DictationInternetIssue so that I can easily locate the feedback, and include an email address if you'd like me to follow up with you privately.
Thank you,
James