How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-18T23:56:41+00:00

    I just bought an Epson XP-400 and Publisher 2013 for the store to print simple 36" banners. I couldn't get out of the Tile option, even to print as a single sheet. The XP-400 is capable of 44" banners.

    I've tried the suggestions in this thread with no luck, until I tried changing the settings in the Hardware screen. Clicked on Devices and Printers, and set the default printer to XP-400. Then right-clicked on the icon and clicked Printing Preferences. Under Paper Options, I clicked User-Defined and set the paper size.

    Then I opened Publisher, created the banner, and printer properties actually showed print as a single sheet. I couldn't do borderless printing, but at 0" margins, the difference isn't noticable. I went back to Devices and there is a borderless option, but it wouldn't let me save the configuration.

    Setting the paper size under Printing Preferences was the only way I could get out of the Tile option and successfully print a 36" banner. I hope and assume it will work for other sizes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-12T15:18:31+00:00

    I have done all that but it still does not resolve this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-24T17:03:19+00:00

    Aha! I have a HP B209a printer which I only installed about the same time as I update Office but the problem hasn't always persisted with HP. I have another HP printer at my house in France (which I rarely use Publisher on) so I will try that when I'm next there to see if the problem replicates itself. Cheers!

    I'm printing to a Dell 5110cn and a Rico Aficio copier/printer/scanner unit. Does this for both of them. Had no problems with Publisher 2007, but suddenly, when we made the corporate change to 2010 ... oh, and when I change print setting (i.e. number of pages, which pages to print, etc. and press Enter to confirm my changes, it usually knocks me out of the print screen, too, so I'm far less than satisfied with this version.

    Microsoft, are you listening?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-30T20:09:17+00:00

    I could print 11x17 pages no problem until I upgraded Publisher to 2010. Now, every time I want to print an 11x17 page, it wants to tile it, and it gives me no other options.

    I have since purchased a program called Serif Page Plus which is 100x better at about half the price, and I never have printer issues with it.

    You can find information on the program here:

    http://www.serif.com/pageplus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-04-16T08:48:14+00:00

    I am so glad it's not just me ;)

    Looking forward to one day having a solution !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments