How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-03-04T18:39:33+00:00

    Alright, I was having the exact same problem with the tile being the

    default printing set to "Tiled".  The way to fix this is as follows:

    1. When viewing your document on Microsoft Publisher, click on the

    "Format" tab.

    1. Click on "Format Publication"
    2. On the left-hand side, click on "Change page size..."
    3. Select "Letter (Portrait)"  8.5x11 inches
    4. Click Ok

    Now when you select file>Print, it will say 1 page per sheet!

    :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-02-25T11:30:19+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm sorry but it seems there is something the Microsoft people are just not getting about this subject.

    There is a FAULT with MS Publisher 2010 (and from the number of web posts on the Tiled print problem, it goes back to Publisher 2007).

    The FAULT is, that MS Publisher defaults to "Tiled" as the pagination setting when you go to print a document.

    It's nothing to do with making sure that your printer's default page size, and your publication's prescribed page size, are the same. Mine are, and I still get this fault.

    I create documents in A4 page size, my printer is set to A4 page size, I save my created documents with their A4 page size; and yet I STILL need to manually reset the print pagination setting from Tiled to One page per sheet -- EVERY time I print.

    Microsoft, can you please fix this fault - thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-05-13T16:20:25+00:00

    I can't believe that only 5 people have had this concern.  I get really tired of having to change from "tiled" to "one page per sheet"  There has to be a way to change that default, even Microsoft has to realize that you will use the one page per sheet more often that the tiled!!!

    Please help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-08-08T17:18:57+00:00

    It's six months since I responded to Ganesh Kumar N's post, itself now over a year old, and which did not provide a solution.

    Is anyone at Microsoft listening to this conversation? Does anyone there have a proper solution to this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-07-30T10:03:52+00:00

    Make sure the page size and the printer size are same to print the publication without any issues. You can make the printer size as default on the printer properties option. If you have any issues in setting the default printer size, contact the printer support.


    Ganesh Kumar N

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments