How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-12-02T23:44:41+00:00

    Thanks, DavidF2. Yes, I keep printer drivers up-to-date and I, too, submitted feedback using the link the last time you posted it. Is there value in periodically submitting feedback on the same issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-12-02T10:14:35+00:00

    DavidF,

    Thanks for that reminder -- you have of course made the same point before, and as a result, I've submitted feedback twice to Microsoft using the link you helpfully provided some time ago.

    All my printer drivers are up-to-date, and are kept so through the printer manufacturer's software auto-update regime.

    As above, I would still see this as a Publisher problem, as regardless of the age of, or parameter-reporting from, the driver, it surely makes no sense for Publisher to assume that the default for any printer should be Tiled.

    Thanks again for the input.

    Patrick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-12-02T00:55:09+00:00

    This is a peer to peer forum. You won't find the product group monitoring or posting here. If you want to get feedback to MS:

    Give Us Feedback for Microsoft Office 2010

    http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Office/Feedback.aspx?formID=375

    With that said, it sounds like you and Patrick have determined that this issue is because of printer drivers with some printers, and as such I doubt that MS will do anything about it. Publisher has always been a bit picky about drivers.

    Have you and Patrick tried updated drivers?

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-12-01T20:45:10+00:00

    I like your style! If you assemble, I'll launch at the Redmond campus.

    Seriously, I agree. Good product, niggly problem, a shame that a forum owner or moderator hasn't popped in at least once in sixteen months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-11-30T22:06:09+00:00

    Maybe just the holographic Microsoft logo from the Publisher 2010 packaging, cut into pieces that can be affixed in a mosaic (i.e. tiled...) onto a single sheet of vellum (i.e. one page...). The ensemble to be set between two printers rampant, before the Microsoft headquarters sign. The accompanying pictogram and coded message invite various imaginable possibilities that are probably best not expressed here.

    Seriously, Publisher is such a generally good piece of software for what it is, that it's a real shame its makers don't seem to be listening to their own "Answers" site in this instance and on this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments