How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-09T16:36:12+00:00

    Ann,

    I'm sure you're right on all counts:

    --- why should you have to

    --- I don't think they're listening

    --- I don't think they would change it even if they were

    --- it's thoroughly maddening

    It's a real shame. But I'll still use Publisher because mostly everything else about it is so good for the price.

    Patrick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-09T16:15:03+00:00

    This problem is driving me batty too. It comes up with both my Ricoh and HP printers. Fortunately, I usually catch it in Print Preview, but why should I have to?

    I added my complaint to the feedback site mentioned above, but I will be surprised if anything is done about it. I don't think anyone cares.

    Ann

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-01T00:37:01+00:00

    Thank you. you have saved my sanity. This works for me, also in landscape

    Regards

    Joan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-12-19T09:32:36+00:00

    I have to agree with PartickofLondon it is so frustrating to have a default as TILED - it's nothing to do with the printer set up - IT'S THE DEEFAULT SETTING IN PUBLISHER - which bit of this statement do Microsoft NOT understand.

    I should be able to change the default in options so that it stays on one page - it always used to be that way and I don't suppose it's brain surgery to set up a patch PLEASE>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-12-03T00:41:39+00:00

    Thanks, DavidF2. Yes, I keep printer drivers up-to-date and I, too, submitted feedback using the link the last time you posted it. Is there value in periodically submitting feedback on the same issue?

    I suppose it can't hurt and it would certainly have a better chance than posting about it in this forum. To my knowledge the Publisher workgroup does not monitor this peer to peer forum.

    But honestly I don't think this is an issue that will get any response from the Pubisher work group. Publisher is already treated as a poor adopted step child...they didn't even give it the ribbon menu until version 2010, and it is not the updated ribbon you find in the other Office apps. Look at how much priority it is given in this forum, lumped in with three discontinued programs. 

    I just don't see them putting any resources into fixing a problem that they will most likely say is a printer driver problem with just some printers that also has a workaround...you can reset the printer setting each time. They will blame the printer manufacturer just as the printer manufacturer will blame MS...as it always has been when Publisher chokes on a particular printer driver.

    Publisher has always been a bit picky about printer drivers. Unfortunately Pubisher 2010 seems even more so. Provide specific feedback via the feedback link and if enough people post about the same problem then that will increase the chance of a fix. Just don't hold your breath.

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments