Using the New Outlook for Mac features in business environments
I have a workaround.
In Settings - "Composing" - change the "Attribution of original message" to either "None" or "Customised attribution format:".
This works well enough for me.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?
***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***
Using the New Outlook for Mac features in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have a workaround.
In Settings - "Composing" - change the "Attribution of original message" to either "None" or "Customised attribution format:".
This works well enough for me.
I also have the same issue.
It is not possible to use REPLY to send a nicely formatted email. (my workaround to copy the email and then compose a new email and paste in the original email).
Please provide fix for this quickly.
This is also an issue for me. It appears that there is a bug with the Microsoft Office formatting where it inconsistently clears (or doesn't clear) formatting for a reply. What I've found is that there are additional formatting settings when replying to an email (in the ... menu). One of those settings is "clear formatting."
My workaround for a reply:
(1) Hit enter to create a new line (would have 2 ruled lines, text would be bold)
(2) Click clear formatting
Now that looks like a normal email.
I wish this wasn't such a glitchy program. Looking for an alternative to Postbox and this is the best I've found so far.
Zach,
This is so annoying.
I sent hundreds of emails a day. With the latest update, the Outlook reply is really messed up.
There are lines above the sender and it is all in bold. It comes across as a error with all the lines in my reply.
How do I get rid of the lines and forget the automatic bold font?
I do not like this at all!!!!!
Ok - I had the same problem... the easiest solution without need to wait for microsoft is the following. Go to settings, click on composing and change the settings to customised attribution format... this gets rid of the lines and simply puts a single line into the email - its not perfect but its better then the other problem...