Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T20:41:42+00:00

    Same problem here. It affects only one of the 4 email accounts I have in Outlook;

    It's a gmail account. My other 2 gmail accounts do not have this issue, and my outlook mail doesn't either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T10:43:41+00:00

    This is absolutely shocking that Microsoft are not sorting this. What sort of company is this!? Customer service is appalling and the simplest of issues in what is possibly the most important app is not being prioritised.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-14T21:42:59+00:00

    I also have the same issue.

    It is not possible to use REPLY to send a nicely formatted email. (my workaround to copy the email and then compose a new email and paste in the original email).

    Please provide fix for this quickly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T21:21:43+00:00

    Zachary, yes, that is the problem I am having with these lines.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T01:42:17+00:00

    Was there a fix on this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments