Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-01T16:28:50+00:00

    The problem is really annoying. For me the legacy version solved the problem. But be aware that you have to reconfigure your accounts for this. Probably the legacy version also lacks other functionality that I am not using.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T22:27:26+00:00

    Same issue here. Unacceptable to paying money for this with no solution. It's embarassing to send business emails that look this way. Microsoft, please address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-03T08:30:22+00:00

    I am having the same issue. This is so annoying!!

    I am sending multiple emails a day and the lines make it quite difficult. I had to switch back to Gmail on my browser which I don't prefer. Additionally, some of the recipients told me that the colours and fonts are all over the place even though it looked fine on my side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T09:44:21+00:00

    I have the same issue. It's really annoying that I can't use the Outlook app to send a normal looking email since a few weeks ago.

    Any updates on a fix for this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T21:28:56+00:00

    OMG I am having the same problem it is so annoying and I pay for a subscription for office 365 but of course no response from Micorsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments