Account recovery stuck on robot verification

Anonymous
2023-11-01T01:47:39+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to recover my account.

I am trying to send the verification code to my phone number, however to do so I have to pass a "help us beat the robots" verification.

I successfully complete the verification but the process does not go to the next step.

There is no button to proceed and it does not automatically redirect to the next step.

I have tried on a desktop using opera, chrome and safari.

I have tried an android phone using the app, using the phone browser

I have tried on an iphone using the browser.

It gets stuck on "verification complete" every single time.

This function is completely broken.

It is extremely frustrating and I am not able to recover my account.

Attached is a screenshot

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-01T04:44:48+00:00

    Hi Raymond,

    Thanks for replying.

    As I said in the original post:

    I have tried on a desktop using opera, chrome and safari.

    I have tried an android phone using the app, using the phone browser

    I have tried on an iphone using the browser.

    I have tried 6 different methods across 3 devices on different networks. All the exact same result.

    I understand what a CAPTCHA is. Ive used them countless times on other websites where it actually works. This is not a case where it works.

    How am I meant to recover my account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T01:44:11+00:00

    Hi Raymond,

    Yes, exactly the same.

    I enter my email, I confirm the last 4 numbers of my phone number, I'm asked to verify that I'm human, I complete the CAPTCHA (have tried visual and audio captchas), I complete the verification successfully and then it does not proceed any further.

    There is no redirection, there is no next button, I do not receive my code.

    Reloading starts the whole process from the start, pressing back starts the whole process from the start.

    The result (ie. what is in the screenshot) is exactly the same on each of the 3 devices I have tried (desktop, android phone, iphone) and different browsers (opera, chrome, safari), as well as the android app which just appear to use an inbuilt browser to display the account recovery process.

    There is nothing in the support articles that address this issue. There is no way I can see to lodge a case file for this issue.

    How can I recover my account or get someone to look into it? It is a 20 year email account so I absolutely DO NOT want to start a new one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T15:02:29+00:00

    Exactly the same issue here, tried on multiple devices, multiple browsers, Mobile network, home fibre and corporate network.

    Same results every time which mirror the OP

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T13:17:45+00:00

    I'm having the same stuck situation also, and I'm also adding a new number as I cannot redeem points from Microsoft rewards as it needs my phone number.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T11:50:18+00:00

    I'm having the same stuck situation when I'm trying to add a new number to my sign-in options...

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments