Account recovery stuck on robot verification

Anonymous
2023-11-01T01:47:39+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to recover my account.

I am trying to send the verification code to my phone number, however to do so I have to pass a "help us beat the robots" verification.

I successfully complete the verification but the process does not go to the next step.

There is no button to proceed and it does not automatically redirect to the next step.

I have tried on a desktop using opera, chrome and safari.

I have tried an android phone using the app, using the phone browser

I have tried on an iphone using the browser.

It gets stuck on "verification complete" every single time.

This function is completely broken.

It is extremely frustrating and I am not able to recover my account.

Attached is a screenshot

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-04T18:40:30+00:00

    Appears it has been dealt with, or you just hit Lucky!

    The issue seems to manifest itself in different ways and points of failure.

    Great that you found a way that worked for you! 👍👍

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-04T18:04:24+00:00

    Hi,

    I don't know if this topic is still open, but I faced the same issue. Under the following link, you click to the "Choose you normally sign in, then enter details"

    then you click on e-mail, and give your e-mail address.

    Then you click on "Reset Microsoft Account Password" and it worked!!! It was not 1 but 7 robot questions, and at the end it has sent me the code to my mobile and I could setup new password:)) https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact?linkquery=Help%20me%20sign%20in%20to%20my%20Microsoft%20account

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-22T17:52:38+00:00

    Ineed h

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T16:47:58+00:00

    Same issue - i am stuck since 6 months

    My account was locked as someone tried to reset my password with multiple wrong attempts. after 6 months of back and forth the account was set to recovery mode

    Now I am stuck with this screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments