Account recovery stuck on robot verification

Anonymous
2023-11-01T01:47:39+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to recover my account.

I am trying to send the verification code to my phone number, however to do so I have to pass a "help us beat the robots" verification.

I successfully complete the verification but the process does not go to the next step.

There is no button to proceed and it does not automatically redirect to the next step.

I have tried on a desktop using opera, chrome and safari.

I have tried an android phone using the app, using the phone browser

I have tried on an iphone using the browser.

It gets stuck on "verification complete" every single time.

This function is completely broken.

It is extremely frustrating and I am not able to recover my account.

Attached is a screenshot

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-23T18:52:36+00:00

    It's insane this hasn't been fixed in over 2 years. Absolutely shocking from Microsoft, awful customer service. I've been locked out my almost 20 year old Xbox Account. Trying to reset password, complete the captcha to prove I'm a human then the page freezes. I have over a year left on my Gamepass Ultimate which I'm now unable to play. I've tried 4 different devices, 5 different browsers, 3 different networks. All the same issue. What a JOKE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T20:30:38+00:00

    ImageHi,

    I am trying to recover my account.

    I am trying to send the verification code to my phone number, however to do so I have to pass a "help us beat the robots" verification.

    I successfully complete the verification but the process does not go to the next step.

    There is no button to proceed and it does not automatically redirect to the next step.

    I have tried on a desktop using opera, chrome and safari.

    I have tried an android phone using the app, using the phone browser

    I have tried on an iphone using the browser.

    It gets stuck on "verification complete" every single time.

    This function is completely broken.

    It is extremely frustrating and I am not able to recover my account.

    Attached is a screenshot

    help me I cant get on to my account doing my head in

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-08T20:59:34+00:00

    This is exactly what I'm experiencing. I received an email today from myself saying I've been hacked, and have been trying to get through the robot to reset my password all day. Don't understand how someone got through my 2-factor authentication yet I can't get through their reset robot.

    Something is not adding up with Microsoft's security and general services.. It's ****.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T18:53:07+00:00

    Diego C, I will suggest you allow up to 48 hours to see if this issue is resolved as it appears many other users in the community are experiencing the same with Microsoft CAPTCHA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T18:15:30+00:00

    Same problem, tried across multiple devices, multiple browsers, multiple networks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments