Outlook is asking to type a / to insert files and notes

Anonymous
2021-10-26T16:45:43+00:00

I have a client that is getting this box that is asking him to type a / to insert a file or notes. How do I turn that off

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T18:11:29+00:00

    I have had it off for quite awhile but this is still showing up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T18:04:53+00:00

    I have a test account that was showing this and my account was not. Started to compare settings. When I disabled Text Predictions in the Compose & Reply section of settings, it went away.

    Microsoft suggested this to me, but changing the setting had no effect on the (real) user I am testing with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-18T17:55:00+00:00

    I have a test account that was showing this and my account was not. Started to compare settings. When I disabled Text Predictions in the Compose & Reply section of settings, it went away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-16T17:50:00+00:00

    Works, but not a good answer - some of us need to have a non-plain-text message format (sig block, yperlinks, and specific text formatting among other things). This '@ to insert' thing needs to be a feature with an on/off setting, Use it if you want it, turn it off if you don't. No reason NOT to do it this way. The HTML message formatting option is there for a very good reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T16:57:23+00:00

    Starting to show up here as well for some users, but not for my own account yet. PLEASE tell us how to get rid of this immediately! It is wreaking havoc on our users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments