Outlook is asking to type a / to insert files and notes

Anonymous
2021-10-26T16:45:43+00:00

I have a client that is getting this box that is asking him to type a / to insert a file or notes. How do I turn that off

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-11T21:21:45+00:00

    Not formatted as required by our company.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-11T17:54:25+00:00

    But then you can't have a signature, correct?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-11T16:50:40+00:00

    Unfortunately not a solution. It's a workaround that will not work for me/us either mostly because of the signature line requirement.

    MS needs to implement a way to turn this "feature" OFF.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-11T16:35:22+00:00

    I did not have a Signature,

    But when I created a New Signature,

    Everything looked fine...

    Try creating a "New Signature"

    Also, Don't copy & paste text...

    Looks like the signature is treated like a Word document...

    Word is definitely NOT my strong point : )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-11T16:33:40+00:00

    I futzed around and found a solution!

    In Outlook OWA,

    Go to Settings (Gear Icon),

    "View all Outlook settings" (on bottom),

    "Compose and Reply",

    "Message Format",

    "Compose messages in xxx format" select PLAIN TEXT (change from HTML).

    Save.

    Thank you so much! It was driving me crazy!!

    EDIT: Whoops, spoke too soon. It works but screws up other stuff.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments