Why are some people on Teams calls showing as a black screen?

Anonymous
2023-11-20T14:44:57+00:00

On Teams calls on new Teams, when on calls with multiple people, usually one or more of them are showing as a black screen. If I share screens, they will suddenly appear as normal on the side of the screen, so it's nothing to do with their camera settings or privacy shield.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T15:42:47+00:00

    Same issue. Started occurring when new Teams update. I run a lLenovo system. My coworkers do not have the same experience and use the same laptop I do.

    Issue - one on one Teams video calls, no problem

    More than two people on the Teams video call, people I am viewing will randomly go blank / black and occasionally Teams will resize their portion of the screen as I turned on emphasize speaker.

    When investigating during a call, my coworkers did not have the same problem, in fact, Teams was working perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T14:39:24+00:00

    I have not!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T12:01:15+00:00

    Interesting - I'm on a Dell [Alienware] system, it would be interesting to see if you find any software conflicts here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T08:49:57+00:00

    I'm on a Lenovo FYI

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T14:42:29+00:00

    I have the same issue! Old teams did not have this problem, I am forced to use new teams its not working correctly. It shows a black screen and minimizing to a small window when sharing my screen is the only thing that works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments