Why are some people on Teams calls showing as a black screen?

Anonymous
2023-11-20T14:44:57+00:00

On Teams calls on new Teams, when on calls with multiple people, usually one or more of them are showing as a black screen. If I share screens, they will suddenly appear as normal on the side of the screen, so it's nothing to do with their camera settings or privacy shield.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T22:51:23+00:00

    I am also having this same issue, though it only happens when my power cord is plugged in. When I am on battery power, it doesn't happen. Would love to find a solution to this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T20:23:02+00:00

    It's June 2024 and I'm still having this exact same issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T10:44:25+00:00

    Same issue here. Old teams no issue - switched to new teams and people sharing their screens flickers and turns black. Tired changing resolution, turning off hardware accel, popping out the window...

    Can someone at MS sort this out please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T11:07:57+00:00

    Hi Segunfunmi

    Nothing appears to be working. I still have some of my callers show as a black screen. I can address this by changing the size of my Teams window so it's not the worst thing in the world but it does guarantee that I can never have the window on full screen or at least one of the people I'm speaking to will show as a black screen.

    Best wishes

    Ben

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T16:52:28+00:00

    Hello BREDaw,

    I'm Segunfunmi, an Independent Advisor and Microsoft user like you. Thank you for posting your query in this forum.

    If you're facing a black screen during Teams calls, it could be due to various reasons. Here are some possible solutions that can help:

    • Ensure you are not logged in with multiple sessions like the browser and Teams app simultaneously.
    • Ensure you quit all apps that can use the camera, e.g., Skype, Zoom, etc.
    • Clear your browser cache and cookies at all times.
    • In Teams, click on your profile photo --> Settings --> Enable “Disable GPU hardware acceleration“. Also, disable “Register Teams as the chat app for Office…”
    • In the Task Manager, choose Microsoft Teams from the Apps drop-down menu and click on End Task at the bottom of the screen.
    • Navigate to the system tray and right-click on the MS Teams icon. Then click on ‘quit’ in the pop-up menu. Open up MS Teams again.

    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

    Best regards, Segunfunmi.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments