MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-05T20:21:55+00:00

    Thank god I found a fix. I had tried everything.

    Here's how to fix it. Priviously with the 3's, you could go in your drivers or in your device and disable the Hands-Free option. Now ith the 4's and Windows 11, you basicly only have to go to : Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers.

    There you'll find you headphones. Right click, properties -> bluetooth and disable the hands-free option.

    For some reason, even tough the hands-free devices are disabled, the device still has the option enable so microsoft was trying to connect to that service. Took me so much time to find this !

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-19T06:48:57+00:00

    Here are the steps I've done related to Philippe Plourde1 posted:

    Problem: WH-1000XM4 and WH-1000XM5 cannot connect to Microsoft Teams properly.

    I'm using WH-1000XM5

    1. Connect the device via bluetooth
    2. Once connected, disconnect the device.

    Image

    1. go to this path: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

    Image

    1. You can see your device, right click on it and select 'Properties'.

    Image

    1. Go to 'Services' tab and uncheck the 'Handsfree Telephony' and Click 'Ok' button.

    Image

    1. Connect the device again
    2. Once connected, go to Teams then click your profile image and Select 'Manage account'

    Image

    1. Go to 'Devices' and 'Make a test call' to verify if it works. :)

    (P.S. For WH-1000XM5 user please make sure that Speak-to-Chat is disabled using the app)

    Image

    Hope this helps. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-24T22:48:29+00:00

    Hi Sabouba,

    I just got my new sony wh-1000 xm4 and had the same issues. I really tweaked everything in teams settings, in single- or two-device-mode... no difference. BUT, in my desperation the last try did it for me. At least okay, not perfect due to the bluetooth limitations. I just manually set the Teams Noise supression setting to High (not Auto). That did the trick. Another thread here, around one year ago, recommend the opposite, switching it off or low, but this did not work for me. Actually I tried this on my working macbook pro in Home office (quiet room), so I cant actually speak for Windows, but you can give it a try. Just try it with the test-call-feature in Teams.

    Summing up:
    in Teams the Noise supression is manually set to HIGH
    auto mic-sensivity is switched on
    the mx4 is in two-device-mode with full Noise-cancelling on (no difference in single device mode)

    worked for me on a mac book pro, with macOS Monterey 12.3.1
    Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.9159

    So this is okay for home office, but i decided to order an additional plug-in mic with cable connection to my notebook, when I am going to work in the noisy office again some days per week. The good about this thing is that its mic is noisecancelling (unlike the xm4 built in mic) and has a small control for Mute and Volume. So my colleagues in the room cant be heard in a group call. I think this could be a compromise for me because normally in the office I rather stay at the desk while I am in group calls. But keep in mind, while using the xm4 with cable, all bluetooth connections are disconnected. But another pro is, that your are able to use this setup for your Playstation or Xbox Controller and spare a gaming headset :)

    "FULAIM Boom Microphone Cable Compatible with Sony WH-1000XM4 & WH-1000XM3 Headphones with Volume Control & Mute Switch for PC, Laptop, PS4 PS5 Xbox One Controller"

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-21T04:14:04+00:00

    Sony branded headphones are not on the approved list for MS Teams. Maybe that's why its not working correctly. https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/microsoft-teams/across-devices/devices/category/headsets/36

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-20T07:31:34+00:00

    Thanks Sergio very much.

    I tried all the above and still the quality on Teams calls not good for both listing and speaking.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments