MS Teams with Sony headphones wh 1000xm4

Anonymous
2022-04-19T19:22:31+00:00

I am using MS team frequently and calls are taking long time so decided to get a "good" headphones. I bought Sony headphones WH 1000xm4. The headphones work perfectly with the iPhone and iPad but not with MS Teams on laptop when connected via Bluetooth!

the sound keeps breaking and I had to switch to the laptop mic because people on the call keeps telling me that my voice is not clear when using the headphone mic.

Any idea how to fix this ?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-17T09:51:30+00:00

    Thank god I found a fix. I had tried everything.

    Here's how to fix it. Priviously with the 3's, you could go in your drivers or in your device and disable the Hands-Free option. Now ith the 4's and Windows 11, you basicly only have to go to : Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers.

    There you'll find you headphones. Right click, properties -> bluetooth and disable the hands-free option.

    For some reason, even tough the hands-free devices are disabled, the device still has the option enable so microsoft was trying to connect to that service. Took me so much time to find this !

    Cannot find a disable hands-free option on Bluetooth tab, anyone ran on this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-08T00:18:09+00:00

    I have the same problem where people on Teams tell me after a few minutes they hear me as if I am far away from a microphone. I bought a separate mic but when I use custom setup with the mic, I cannot hear anything on the headset.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T09:29:33+00:00

    Sony Wh1000xm5 is not compatible with MSTeams. The Handfree driver will not engage which forces the PC to use the PC mic so all the background noise is heard in office. After hours of trouble shooting I returned Sony Wh1000xm5 and purchased the Bose Q45. The Bose Q45 pairs and connects in less than 30 seconds and uses the Bose Q45 headset mics (headset driver hands free) so my team mates don’t hear the tech guy next to me on his call. He is also using a BoseQ45 and we can’t hear each other when we are both on calls. The only thing to remember with the Bose Q45 is don’t select “remember last setting” so the mic automatically picks up when you switch from music to a Teams call. It also auto prompts you from MS Teams when a call comes in and you have option to switch to the call.

    I think I solved this issue in a semi-proper way. Had the same problem that the rest of you described:
    Wh1000xm5 didn't function as expected. I had to choose between it not working and using headphones + internal microphone.

    https://answerscdn.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpgHow I solved this:

    1. In sound settings - choose Manage sound devices

    1. Disable Headphones device.

    1. In MS Teams -> Settings -> Devices. Choose WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio as device. Make a test call to see if this is working.

    1. Go back to Sound settings -> Manage sound devices -> Enable Headphones again.

    Now I can easily shift between headphones (great sound for music and such) and Hands-Free AG Audio for Team calls.

    Hope this works for you guys as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-25T18:27:20+00:00

    I have the same issue as Igor. Unchecking the Handsfree Telephony options works fine, I don't have to reconnect with Bluetooth every 15 minutes. But now in Teams I can only use the laptop mic and not the mic of the headphone. Does anyone have a solution for this?

    I noticed the following:

    1. Handsfree Telephony is checked: in the Sound Settings -> Recording tab I see the 1000XM4 Headphone and I can use the mic of the headset (see screenshot - in Dutch)
    2. Handsfree Telephony is unchecked: in this tab I don't see the Headphone and the mic of the laptop is used

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-24T09:48:50+00:00

    This works for me, but the setting means the Teams would use the PC/Laptop microphone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments