Windows 11 upgrade

Anonymous
2022-10-10T09:28:18+00:00

When loading the Windows 11 upgrade, which gets to the Installing up to 36%, then messages me to Manually Uninstall Zemana antilogger which I could not find on my system, so what do I do now?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T15:13:41+00:00

    Totally brilliant! After a year of trying all sorts of things to get this Windows update I have now been able to move to the latest version. Phoenix 360 was a part of System Mechanic that was never removed with uninstall, I've done it manually and BINGO the update doesn't stop and request that you manually remove Zemana! Thank you for this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-18T10:32:37+00:00

    I struggled with this same issue when helping with an upgrade to Win 11. Got this message from the installer:

    zemana antilogger - Manually uninstall
    Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with windows 11
    Error code 0xc1900209

    The product did not appear to be installed, however there was a ZAM_Guard service running. I stopped and removed this and deleted the driver .sys file but the issue remained.

    I found this article

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-cant-complete-due-to-error-some/59404919-d635-4e0c-9f54-bbc8fc24b843

    which shows how to locate a file that is blocking an upgrade. I followed the process and found that the process was blocked by ZAM.exe in ...Program Files (x86)\Phoenix360\MalwareKiller. It looks like this was lying around from an old installation of an app that was uninstalled a long time ago.

    Deleting this folder resolved the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-14T12:02:39+00:00

    I'm glad that you found it. But are you able to uninstall it and proceed with the upgrade?

    How did you find it? I've used Revo Uninstaller and JV16 to try and find it, neither have come up with anything, yet I still can't update Windows 11 just like MonicaCraig1

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-10T15:00:39+00:00

    I found it in Phoenix.com/Malware/Zan

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-10T10:18:41+00:00

    Hi Monica, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

    Can you check if it is installed in this location?

    C:\Program Files\Zemana AntiLogger

    If there is that folder, you may right-click on the unins000.exe inside that folder and then Run as admin to uninstall it

    If that didn't work, do you use a third-party antivirus that may have installed this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments