which printers are compatible with Surface pro 11

Anonymous
2024-07-05T17:40:52+00:00

Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T01:59:01+00:00

    Someone should identify a home printer that actually works with a Surface Pro 11. Microsoft chose to produce the Surface Pro 11 with an ARM processor that creates a number of challenges. I have found that printing is one of those challenges. My HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 scans and otherwise indicates everything is OK except that when I try actually to print I get an error message. Reaching out to HP has been a pointless, time-wasting exercise. The HP 8720 is rather old, so I would not mind buying a new printer, but I need to know that any new printer would be compatible. I have searched without success for Surface Pro 11 compatible printers. Surely somewhere someone has found a printer that will work. (Note that I am referring to a typical home printer environment. I think that in a business networked environment there are ARM compatible solutions.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T21:16:30+00:00

    Thanks, but the reason I ask is that my HP Officejet 8715 will not work properly no matter what I try and it seems that many printers are not really compatible with an arm-based processor PC. I was wondering if there is a definitely compatible one before I part with my cash.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T20:46:13+00:00

    I can't believe that in 2024 we'll be back to the days of Windows 98, when installing a printer and scanner was a real challenge. It's absurd, a disservice to consumers, to release a laptop with a processor based on an architecture that is incompatible with a huge amount of peripheral hardware that has been running Windows 10/11 for years. This is a scandal. What should I do now? Buy a new printer? I don't want to, I have an advanced Brother MFC-J2330DW. Return Surface Pro 11? I can't, the period for returning without giving a reason has already passed. Advertise the printer as incompatible with Surface Pro 11? They'll laugh at me.

    MICROSOFT - TAKE RESPONSIBILITY and force/pay peripheral manufacturers to update drivers to ARM64.

    I am very dissapointed. And pissed off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T18:29:17+00:00

    Today (02Aug24) I ran the newly released 2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for arm64-based Systems (KB5040529) on my Surface Pro 11.  This update seems to have fixed the printing issue.  I can now print on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 from the Windows Setting Test Page, the HP Smart app Diagnostic Test Print, as well as from MS Word.  Scan from HP Smart is still working.

    I think the problem is now solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T10:50:23+00:00

    Still reinforcing the comments from above: I opted to buy a new printer - an Epson ET-8550 - and my Surface Pro 11 will not load the Epson smart panel that manages the printing. I can't get any traction with Microsoft and the printer companies just shrug

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments