which printers are compatible with Surface pro 11

Anonymous
2024-07-05T17:40:52+00:00

Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T13:58:52+00:00

    An update. Following (a few) attempts to upgrade my SP11 SSD and then upgrading Win 11 to Pro and re-installing everything, I am now able to use my HP Officejet Pro 8715 device properly. It now prints double-sided again and scanning is also OK. This is with using the HP Smart app and using the device wirelessly. Not quite sure what made the difference - the above or some Windows update perhaps - who knows?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T08:57:09+00:00

    I have just bought a Canon GX 4050 printer. I have tried to install canons Windows 11 printer drivers. They are not compatible with the Surface pro 11 X Elite Snapdragon arm systems. Canon support said turn off the firewall and try again, still no joy. Other than that, he said contact Microsoft for a solution.

    Looks like it's going back to Amazon.

    An update, I decided to keep the Canon GX 4050 printer because I found I can print when I connect the printer to the Suface Pro 11 via a usb lead through a converter

    Thank for all the reply and input btw.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T23:26:29+00:00

    Adding my voice as this is a critical issue. I too wouldn't mind buying a new printer, but not knowing if I can/will be able to print with the printers I have and not having any line of site on which printers might work makes me hesitate to purchase the new Surface Laptop 7th edition.

    I have a Brother MFC-J875DW and a HP ColorLaserJet MFP 281fdw, but generally the vibe seems to be "Yeah, you'll just have to buy it and see if the network/default drivers work for you", which is a really crappy answer.

    These are so close to being _amazing_ devices, but the compatibility issues will kill it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T13:54:23+00:00

    I am having the same problem. All the standard Canon ip8750 drivers I load to my Surface pro 11 are not recognised.

    I have consulted with Currys support team and they're not habving any luck either

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-05T18:14:15+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Any printer that has Wireless capability or connects to a USB-C port will be compatible with the Surface Pro 11, there is no specific printer required.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments