which printers are compatible with Surface pro 11

Anonymous
2024-07-05T17:40:52+00:00

Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T12:09:29+00:00

    I feel for you. I felt exactly the same when I bought my Surface Pro 11. I had used a Surface Pro 5 for several years and had had no problems printing and so I didn't expect any issues with the 11.

    I have excepted that for the time being that I have to connect to the printer using a usb cable to a type C adapter which is a cheap solution.

    Let's hope that Microsoft and or the printer companies come up with a permanent solution so we can use our printers wireless again.

    Mark...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T11:14:16+00:00

    I don't understand why Microsoft would think to release a device which cannot connect to printers/scanners.

    In the meantime I spent USD 2K+ on a useless PoS. Where i leave suppliers will not take purchases back.

    So I am stuck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-23T11:49:47+00:00

    I would not consider connectivity to a printer “a feature.” It is a necessity. And if Microsoft had alerted people to that fact I certainly would not have purchased it. It seems fundamentally dishonest to “upgrade” a series of machines that have operated normally to a version that lacks a very significant feature and fail to mention it. How would you feel if the new car you purchased lacked the ability to open windows?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T16:18:24+00:00

    I wasted my money on a new HP LaserJet printer, when my new Surface could not connect to my five year old (and perfectly fine) HP Laser Jet Printer.

    Then i wasted a few hundred dollars on support from Best Buy's Geek Squad and HP support. The bottom line was that i was told that because the new Surfaces do not include a "plug and play" application - but rather use Snapdragon -- you cannot install the drivers needed for the HP LaserJet.

    In order to deflect blame, Microsoft appears to be blaming the printer manufacturers, rather than accept responsibility for creating and marketing a laptop that cannot perform one of the most basic -- and important functions -- connect to printers at ease.

    So it seems that HP printers cannot connect, and Cannon printers cannot connect. This is a significant defect in these computers that the public should be warned about. I wish the person who had sold the new Surface to me had known about it and warned me. I would never have purchased it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T11:31:43+00:00

    Just an update to say that I have some limited functionality with my HP8715. HP and Microsoft have not provided any useful response. Still absolutely no joy with creating a USB connection. However, can scan wirelessly and wireless one-sided printing is possible. Have tried multiple install/uninstall cycles. I think it is the HP smart universal printer driver that makes this possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments