OneNote "Search Notebooks" field covers the title and won't move

Anonymous
2025-05-15T05:04:16+00:00

In my OneNote the field box for "Search Notebooks" positioned itself over the title of the page and I can't move it.

I tried various Display settings and also reset the cache.

Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-17T13:53:38+00:00

    This is change affects the WORKFLOW in a PRODUCTIVITY APP.
    C'mon Microsoft, use you're noggin! This is BAD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-25T18:34:30+00:00

    I am a huge OneNote devotee. This is a ridiculous, horrible, and unwelcome "improvement". I rely heavily on OneNote pages, throughout my day, as a healthcare provider. I keep OneNote minimized to the L of my electronic medical record where I document each of my patient interactions. Unbelievably, I now have a floating search field I can't get rid of COVERING UP the names / chart ID of my patients that I add to the title of each page.

    This is NOT helpful! And all so "the community" can have more "real estate". Ridiculous! Per the above comment, exactly!: what genius thought that covering up part of our workspace / page titles is a good idea? So the solution is to expand OneNote and loose real estate ..... on my desktop?

    Please give us power users the option to turn off the floating search field. This is one of the dumbest changes I've ever seen in any software product.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T15:58:36+00:00

    I agree with Rich, totally unnecessary change and quite annoying. please change it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T18:52:04+00:00

    Microsoft has a history of fixing what is not broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-05T21:11:15+00:00

    I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm using left to right. The font on the search bar is much larger than the font I use in OneNote. Will try to change scale--perhaps my attempt to reduce eye strain has contributed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments