OneNote "Search Notebooks" field covers the title and won't move

Anonymous
2025-05-15T05:04:16+00:00

In my OneNote the field box for "Search Notebooks" positioned itself over the title of the page and I can't move it.

I tried various Display settings and also reset the cache.

Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-03T15:43:39+00:00

    In English, the page title is on the left, as you say, but the search box is not far enough out of the way on the right hand side. Either you remodel your design (e.g. don't put Search Box on the same horizontal plane as the spacing allocated to Page Title ), or you force your clients to limit all page titles to very short ones (currently a trial and error irritation). I think the latter would be very disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T07:41:43+00:00

    Please change this back or give the option to use it as it was previously. I have wasted so much time this morning trying to put this back to how it was previously. I cannot understand the logic to this change. The Search box in OneNote is such a good feature and I use it to navigate around all the information I have held in Onenote and it is now in completely the wrong place. This is such and annoying, frustrating change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T18:33:28+00:00

    BS solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T09:11:51+00:00

    Hello, this is an intentional change we made to free up space in the Navigation:

    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/blog/microsoft\_365blog/more-room-for-your-notes-in-onenote/4411729

    I apologize for the side effect this has caused. Please use Help --> Feedback and send us feedback. As replied in the post above, we are listening to feedback and evaluating how to improve the design.

    Is your page or keyboard using a right-to-left language such as Arabic or Hebrew? Typically in English the page title should be on the left, with the search box on the right out of the way. We're trying to understand the scenarios causing the most inconvienience.

    For people like myself using RTL languages, the issue is more obvious because the search bar overlaps with the title. This has a direct impact on the app's usability, especially for those who rely on OneNote for daily work. I understand that Microsoft aimed to free up space in the navigation, but the current implementation creates unnecessary frustration for RTL users. It would be helpful to provide an option to reposition or dock the search bar elsewhere in the menu bar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T16:45:03+00:00

    Hello, this is an intentional change we made to free up space in the Navigation:

    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/blog/microsoft\_365blog/more-room-for-your-notes-in-onenote/4411729

    I apologize for the side effect this has caused. Please use Help --> Feedback and send us feedback. As replied in the post above, we are listening to feedback and evaluating how to improve the design.

    Is your page or keyboard using a right-to-left language such as Arabic or Hebrew? Typically in English the page title should be on the left, with the search box on the right out of the way. We're trying to understand the scenarios causing the most inconvienience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments