Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
I am facing the exact problem. Something's wrong with this update pack
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully
On 11-Jul-2025, after several attempts I managed to get the above update downloaded and installed in my Lenovo ThinkBook laptop.
However on 13-Jul-2025, when I restarted my laptop, this very update showed as available for download and install. So, I tried to do the download and install again. Since then I would have made 3 full attempts but every time it goes through the whole process of downloading and installing but at the end I get the error message that the Update Failed.
My PC is running very slow. Apps are not opening for long time (Not Responding) and really frustrating.
Is anyone facing the same problem? How to overcome this?
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am facing the exact problem. Something's wrong with this update pack
I have a similar problem: 2025-07 Cumulative Update for Microsoft server operating system version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553) Install error - 0x800f0991
Non of the solutions above help.
I also have a problem with the update. And I also tried the .bat file approach, and it didn't work, the update continues to get stuck and fail. Do you reply to anyone else here? Because obviously this is a big issue that Microsoft needs to fix!
Figured out what you are talking about
Run as a .bat fille
Still won't download past 8%
This is not a required update. It is a PREVIEW update, meant for testing. Corporations run Windows LTSC.
You're way out of your lane here.