Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
hi it is only at 8 percent :(
edit:i am lagging a lot pls help
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully
On 11-Jul-2025, after several attempts I managed to get the above update downloaded and installed in my Lenovo ThinkBook laptop.
However on 13-Jul-2025, when I restarted my laptop, this very update showed as available for download and install. So, I tried to do the download and install again. Since then I would have made 3 full attempts but every time it goes through the whole process of downloading and installing but at the end I get the error message that the Update Failed.
My PC is running very slow. Apps are not opening for long time (Not Responding) and really frustrating.
Is anyone facing the same problem? How to overcome this?
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
hi it is only at 8 percent :(
edit:i am lagging a lot pls help
Im having the same problem here. Every time i get this same problem. why would ms continue sending out useless updates that just dont work.
Hi there Elvis,
proceed in this way, press the WIN + X buttons and open terminal (admin), now type
net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2 net start cryptsvc del /f /q %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log del /f /s /q %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\*.* net start bits net start wuauservafter each command press enter
if you want you can create a text file from notepad, save it as All files type and give it a .bat extension
then run it as administrator
after doing so, try again with the updates
let me know how it goes
Elvis
I put the commands into a batch file (easy for me because I was an MS-DOS user many years ago) and ran it. There was a huge number of log files deleted! It was scrolling past very quickly.
Anyway, the batch file ran without problems and when I retried Windows Update, the "stuck" update disappeared and everything seems good now.
Thanks!!
hi simon, welcome in community
i’m Alvise, an independent consultant and I can understand your concern and, please, don't worry I am here to help youproceed in this way, press the WIN + X buttons and open terminal (admin), now type
net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2 net start cryptsvc del /f /q %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log del /f /s /q %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\*.* net start bits net start wuauservafter each command press enter
if you want you can create a text file from notepad, save it as All files type and give it a .bat extension
then run it as administrator
after doing so, try again with the updates
let me know how it goes
Elvis
Please explain txt file and how/where to enter
I can't touch type and loose my concentration when trying to
How do those not or semi literate like me supposed to do this to update?
PS C:\Users~> net stop bits
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service is stopping..
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was stopped successfully.
PS C:\Users~> net stop wuauserv
The Windows Update service is stopping..................................
The Windows Update service could not be stopped.
PS C:\Users~> net stop wuauserv
The Windows Update service is stopping..........
The Windows Update service could not be stopped.
Hi Elvis, much appreciate your response. How should one proceed if the update services cannot be stopped?
Thank you in advance.
Regards