MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T19:25:52+00:00

    Hi , you have to select cancel and in the next windows , after they will offer you the basic version

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T18:31:16+00:00

    Hi

    I'm in Canada and received the following email just before my renewal date. "Effective 14 February 2025, the price for Microsoft 365 Personalsubscriptions will increase from CAD 79.00^*^ per year to CAD 115.00^*^ per year.****To continue with the new price, no action is needed—your payment method on file will be automatically charged. To make changes to your subscription plan or turn off recurring billing, visit your Microsoft account at least two days before your next billing date." Close to 50%! I read through your postings and tried to change my plan to "classic" but there is no such option ?? in Canada. I really like the hassle free automatic updating on my Mac and PC as opposed to buying the software every 3-4 years. I rarely use AI to produce documents and ChatGPT does what I want for researching. I am considering options but am very disappointed in this price increase and the stated justification.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments