MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T22:15:32+00:00

    Exactly. I certainly have better things to do and I’m sure most feel the same. Just the thought of sitting in a queue makes me nauseous

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T19:02:27+00:00

    Isn’t that the ultimate insult? The only way to stop them charging you for their advanced form of artificial intelligence with unbelievable potential….is to make you phone them and sit in a queue and process it on the call ffs 🤦‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T18:49:20+00:00

    I’ve come to understand you can choose the subscription without AI. They don’t tell you that either. It also requires a phone call to them. Not sure there is a choice to eliminate AI except with a call.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T09:57:54+00:00

    Microsoft should make clear how to subscribe without AI and the price for that option.

    Unfortunately they like to keep you in the dark.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T20:47:57+00:00

    My increase is a whopping 45%, from a yearly 79 CAD to 115$, and since it's a by-default increase it will catch millions of users unawares, maybe for years to come. MS should renew at the same price and announce new offerings with staggered price increases, not the other way around, where you have to explicitly change your subscription. It's bad client relations, and I think I will switch to Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments