MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T12:43:41+00:00

    Taking away two products (Skype and Publisher) and increasing the price with 30% is unacceptable.

    email from MS:

    Microsoft is committed to improving your Microsoft 365 subscription. We regularly review how our subscribers use features within Microsoft products. This email includes details regarding features going away next year and reminders about current benefits included with your subscription.

    • Beginning March 03, 2026, you will no longer have access to 60 minutes of monthly Skype calls to mobile phones and landlines. Learn more in these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
    • Beginning January 10, 2026, Microsoft Publisher will no longer be supported as part of Microsoft 365. Many common Publisher scenarios are available in other Microsoft 365 apps, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Designer. 

    Action Recommended: Before January 10, 2026, convert your existing Publisher files to PDF or Word format. After this date, you will no longer be able to open or edit these files with Microsoft Publisher.

    Your excuse for 30% increase is AI, but I never asked for AI

    Compare it to a leased car, you take it in for service and they have taken out your sound system and added a turbo and charge you 30% more per month.

    You never asked for any of this.

    For Skype users, Rebtel is a good working alternative for Skype!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T12:13:48+00:00

    Bill don't want to lost money :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T01:41:29+00:00

    Wow thanks! I found it; you were right!! I wonder why the MS agent didn’t tell me I could continue at the same price without AI? Strange.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T15:52:41+00:00

    Account -> Subscriptions -> Manage -> Cancel subscription. It will take you to the screenshot I provided above. I just checked it, amounts are still the same as my screenshot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T12:31:57+00:00

    Wish I could answer. That’s my question. After waiting in the queue and talking to someone (total two hours) I finally got someone in tech support to tell me if I reach out to MS 48 hours before they charge me for the next year subscription, I can get it for the price we’ve been paying ($99.95). But this is a one time deal. Next year when it goes to renew, it will be what they want to charge…($129.95). 😖

    I’ve noticed several ads on Groupon lately offering full blownMS Office 24 for $30 but don’t know all the details. Makes me wonder what/if anything is different?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments