A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Joyce,
To my knowledge, Microsoft has not posted any reply, but many of the users have found their own workarounds depending on their situation.
Sorry I could not be more helpful.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Joyce,
To my knowledge, Microsoft has not posted any reply, but many of the users have found their own workarounds depending on their situation.
Sorry I could not be more helpful.
Any update on this?
Now that I can upload images here, I am re-attaching the screenshots where you can see the differences in OneDrive web, with an account that works well and with the account that doesn't.
My theory is that the problem is not in the OneDrive app, but the problem is in OneDrive web.
Can you check your onedrive web and buy with these captures?
We are waiting for official updates on the problem
It has been said by other responders (BUT not by Microsoft) that shared folders in OneDrive Personal and Family have been disconnected and are now only available in OneDrive Business. It has been suggested this is a money-making opportunity for Microsoft as there is no way to upgrade your personal or family account to a business account so you would have to purchase a whole new account in order to use shared folders. I am hoping this is not the case and that someone from Microsoft will respond to this and tell me why these rumors are running around and they are false OR for that matter confirm them and then we will know what we are dealing with. Either way it is a bit ridiculous we have all been dealing with this since July.