Syncing a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer - 2024

Anonymous
2024-06-16T18:27:06+00:00

How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T17:00:15+00:00

    It is only an issue for individual or family accounts. There is no way to "upgrade" you account to a business account. You have to create a whole new business account and you can not use the information you used for your family or individual account. This is why so many people unfortunately have gone back to google and other providers for share ability. I'm hoping they (MS) will realize this soon and come up with a way to "upgrade" to business without having to change all your information.

    Fingers Crossed, but not holding my breath.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T06:37:27+00:00

    I am also wondering whether this is a money making exercise from MS, please can you or anyone let me know if they are using a Home/family package or a Business account and have this issue. My suspicion is that we are all using Family accounts, is anyone on Business and also have this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments