Syncing a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer - 2024

Anonymous
2024-06-16T18:27:06+00:00

How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T07:23:09+00:00

    I don't think anybody from Microsoft is watching this thread. You are better contacting support directly. You will get a canned response, but from the response I received, it does seem like a human at Micrsoft actually read the message.

    In the OneDrive app go to Settings > Get Help > Contact Support to send them a message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T15:29:21+00:00

    All - late to the game on this issue.

    Assume no word from MS? Any other workarounds worth sharing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T04:01:30+00:00

    Hello,

    When will this be resolved? Any updates?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T17:47:34+00:00

    Not understanding why only one of my 'shared' folders is impacted. I have other folders from another user that continue to properly display in File Manager on my PC. Or.... will they also implode too if I try to update anything on my PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-06T04:55:20+00:00

    Unfortunately, doesn't seem to work for me. The "add shortcut to my files" is still a URL shortcut to a link within the browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments