Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-02T08:41:20+00:00

    My customer also facing this issue and versy complicated with this . Cause the ONEDRIVE is our's daily work and data in this method . Now a days become this issue , really hassle and very inconvenient and very bad experience on it . Please find a solution and fixing to our honor customer and also please update us with physical answer , please don't answer with no solution. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-02T07:56:33+00:00

    tôi không biết làm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-02T07:51:04+00:00

    I didn't do anything. It just happens from Microsoft. We were lucky that the our onedrives were upgraded in a short distance, so they work together again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-02T07:48:38+00:00

    This is unacceptable! I pay a lot of money every year for the office to shared the ENTIRE server folders throughout remote computers in various parts of the world. I am the founder/creator of all folders accounts. I have always had access to the SHARED folders in my FILE EXPLORER. Now, after OneDrive app apparently REDOWNLOADED itself without my consent in February 2025 (seems around 20 or 26) I completely lost the shared folders from File Explorer.

    It started with not seeing any document inside each subfolders, then gradually the subfolders themselves disappeared and lastly the main outside folders disappeared. After hours of looking around and attempting various troubleshooting:

    the shared folders are still existing and accessible on the browser onedrive.com but it is NOT practical nor functional to work as such for the amount and sizes of the files

    the option ADD TO MY FILES for the shared folder is no longer there

    when I attempt to ADD SHORTCUT TO MY FILES (only option now available) error says shortcut already exists

    I found the 'shortcuts' at the very bottom of the PERSONAL onedrive folder but only as URL - LINKS which is completely USELESS

    Since it seems that Microsoft is unable to give a reasonable answer as to why this happened and how to fix it, and since it is OBVIOUS that this is due to the update/new version of Onedrive and thus it is Microsoft's fault and responsibility, I have no intention to 'wait' for them to investigate and fix the issue, I want to revert back to the previous version of ONEDRIVE, with no updates etc. WITHOUT losing any file nor having to BACKUP!!

    RESPOND asap.

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments