Microsoft assistance is terrible and this is since 90's, they look and they are very kind in aswares, but quite never gives a real solution.
In all my carrer 30 years right now, I think I could fine a soluzion in MS forums just once or two times.
It is always a loose of time, never a real, effective and working solution.
Also this time, with the described problem of folders showing up as URL, coulden't find a good solution either in MS or out.
Here my tests.
At the beginning I tought the problem could be inside the PC, mabie some data stored in system files/db/etc. could affect this problem, but after searching in:
- register (where you can find in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SyncEngines\Providers\OneDrive\ the correctly working folders)
- DB (where you canfind in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform DataBase and CID name of the OneDrive shared folder) (CID name of shared folder can be found in URL during OneDrive Browser navigation of folders)
- create new PC account, and using a blank new PC.
I try to remove and modify data and notthing changed.
At the end, my actual thinking is that something happen inside the OneDrive account on the MS servers, and there is no vay to reset/view/correct/replace the account. Mabie with the business versions, on Sharepoint or Entra or Admin there is some additional function, but for Personal/Family solution I didn't find any possibility.
Actually the only option I fond is to create a new account, reassign shared folders, and use it only for the OneDrive Sync software (Desktop PC or MAC). Understanding that this solution is not useful for all configuration (i.e. how has meny shared folders) and knowing that this is always a temporary solution, since the problem colud reapper also with the new account in week or mounth or years, we don't know.
Hoping this could be in support to others