Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-01T04:06:15+00:00

    Having the same issue today, for god sakes. It's been nearly 1 year, and there seems to be no solutions from the Microsoft's team. I paid every year's subscription for this ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-01T02:18:43+00:00

    same problem here.. and nothingg new

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-01T01:42:56+00:00

    I am having all the same issues listed in this thread. Seems to me that MS is aware of this issue and has chosen to ignore it. I have no proof, but it seems to me that they would respond and fix the issue if they cared to keep customers that are now mostly a captive audience. There must be a cost saving factor involved somewhere. There response to this issue also makes me fear the loss of "supposed" backups of my data. If I loose data, shame on MS, but shame on me too. I'm going to find a better solution, I know there has to be one out there somewhere.

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T22:42:17+00:00

    Are there any lawyers in this thread? Is there a class action here? Perhaps for failure to provide services that were paid for? Is their strategy to bully people off Onedrive or bully people to an alternate Microsoft product? Is this a misuse of market power?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments