How do I change backgrounds in Microsoft Planner?

Anonymous
2024-02-07T17:01:20+00:00

I've tried changing the background in Planner, but I don't seem to have any access to that. I see "plan settings" and after I click that, it takes me to "general" where I have no options for background changes, just a white screen. The tutorials that I watch all show different backgrounds that auto populate in the general field. I'm not sure how/where to edit mine if I even have the ability to.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T13:38:55+00:00

    There is a temporary and technical workaround while waiting for this UI flaw to be fixed. By going to developer tools in your browser (F12), and using the leftmost icon (Inspect, Ctrl+Shift+I) to click an area that highlights the entire background, you can find the code section that says

    element.style {

    }

    and in between, add

    element.style [

    background-color: #ccc;

    }

    to add a light grey color. (This can be changed by clicking the small grey square.

    This will disappear when you reload the page.

    Done! Thanks for this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T10:21:16+00:00

    There is a complaint on the Planner Feedback Portal on this very topic. Please head on over there and upvote and input your comments so that it gains more attention from the product team to address it.

    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/78a3446d-7a9a-ef11-95f5-6045bdbc7c39

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T10:20:55+00:00

    There is a complaint on the Planner Feedback Portal on this very topic. Please head on over there and upvote and input your comments so that it gains more attention from the product team to address it.

    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/78a3446d-7a9a-ef11-95f5-6045bdbc7c39

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T09:56:06+00:00

    You guys totally need to bring backgrounds back. Staring at a white screen is unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T00:36:03+00:00

    I agree. Planner was one of my favorite tools for efficiency and I cannot stand looking at a black screen.

    browser settings, to do settings, outlook settings, troubleshooting in incognito mode makes no difference.

    unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments