Share How you Use Office PopUp - How can I turn this off?

Anonymous
2018-05-17T11:10:23+00:00

Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513

Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to 

SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE

No I do not want to share.  I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.

How can I stop this pop up from appearing?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-26T00:28:47+00:00

    Dear Optimist93,

    Sorry, I wasn't targeting you, I replied to you because you asked the question.  Yes indeed, there have not been any answers, only guesses (which annoys me).  I also want to opt out of sending data to Microsoft.  All the best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T23:46:36+00:00

    I think this issue is either very low on Microsoft's "to do" list, or they are comfortable forcing us to provide data and have no intention of changing. It is entirely possible that by agreeing to the long list of terms and conditions attached to Office we have already agreed to provide data.

    Talking to Product Support is useless - their motivation is handling as many calls as possible, not in passing issues up to Microsoft.

    I would suggest bringing the issue to the attention of technical editors at magazines and newspapers and see if some public attention can shame Microsoft into fixing the problem. It worked with tracking data on iPhones.

    I wrote to the technical guy at the NY Times. I don't know if anything will come of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T13:02:08+00:00

    I posed the original question.  I have been reading the replies but have not suggested any fixes.  

    I updated office 365 to version 16.13.1

    In preferences, there are still only two options - send basic diagnostic data or send full diagnostic data.

    The problem remains.  There is still not option to select - don't send any diagnostic data.

    Apple always lets you select a send no data option.

    I would like Microsoft to respect user privacy as much as Apple does and also provide an option to send no diagnostic data.

    Please let me know when Microsoft fixes this problem.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T01:59:52+00:00

    Please do not suggest a fix unless your recommended action has actually fixed the problem.  Otherwise you are wasting everybody's time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T16:10:43+00:00

    Actually it is the same choice as you had before but worded differently. No means Yes to basic reporting. You can still click the Red X in the top right however if you go to you preferences you will see that Enhanced reporting is ticked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments